October 26, 2012

Foundation, Foundation, Foundation

The last few weeks I have been on the hunt for the correct foundation for my complexion - not an easy task.  For years I thought  Studio Finish Fluid NW45 by MAC was the only foundation for my complexion - I may have used it a couple of times and then stopped wearing it because it was just too red for my skin tone.  Well, MAC and various other makeup brands have stepped up their game when it comes to foundations, concealers and powders (pressed or loose) for women of color.




I recently tried MAC's matchmaster, 8.0, 9.0, 7.5 and I am glad to say that 7.5 is the one!  I also tried MAC's Studio Fix Fluid NW50 and NC50 neither worked one was too dark and the latter too light.  I then tried the Black Opal Foundation Stick in Truly Topaz - it was too yellow but I loved the consistency and the fact that it was a full coverage foundation.  Matchmaster 7.5 combined with the MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW35 works like a charm.  I'm sure I will continue experimenting with different shades and brands but this combination is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...